Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_postbit.php on line 1033

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_postbit.php on line 1033

Lines Not Coplainer

Thread: Lines Not Coplainer

Lines Not Coplainer

I am working with 2d drawings from another party and when I try and fillet a corner (along with other commands) I get a message that says the the lines are not co-plainer. They vary on the Z axis. Most of the time it is as little as .000034 but they still are not on the same plain. I can use the properties box to bring batches of them up to the same Z0 plain but for the size of drawings that I am working with this takes along time. Is there a quicker way to take a whole drawing and bring all the objects up to the Z0 plain for me to use???

In 2005 and older, make a button with this command. Don't know if it works in newer versions.

^C^C_select;\_move;p;;0,0,0;0,0,1e99;_move;_p;;0,0 ,0;0,0,-1e99; ^M;

In Lt I would select all from the edit dropdown then open the properties box and change the Z co-ordinate to zero. this should change everything in the space you are in (model or paper)
    Im intelligent enough to know that I dont know everything; but I'll tell you all about it anyway.

The CHANGE command might be helpful, too. It's an oldy but a goody.

Flatten works also.

Thanks to all, this is exactly what i needed!!!!

not coplanar

Ignore my post of 27 Feb. It doesnt always show the z ordinates in properties; it depends on what type of objects you have in the selection set.

VCDs button command is a good one.

Without wanting to steal his intelectual property might I suggest the following modification to change the whole drawing with just one click. (handy if you have a batch of drawings to change).

^C^C_select;all;;_move;p;;0,0,0;0,0,1e99;_move;_p; ;0,0,0;0,0,-1e99;^M;

The only real difference is that this will now select all elements for you instead of prompting you to select them.
    Im intelligent enough to know that I dont know everything; but I'll tell you all about it anyway.

Actually, today I had that problem & there only being a half dozen lines, the only thing which worked was the properties box.

Shtraightened it right out.

I dont know how to make the command or macro you posted

Quote Originally Posted by NukeCad View Post
    Ignore my post of 27 Feb. It doesnt always show the z ordinates in properties; it depends on what type of objects you have in the selection set.

VCDs button command is a good one.

Without wanting to steal his intelectual property might I suggest the following modification to change the whole drawing with just one click. (handy if you have a batch of drawings to change).

^C^C_select;all;;_move;p;;0,0,0;0,0,1e99;_move;_p; ;0,0,0;0,0,-1e99;^M;

The only real difference is that this will now select all elements for you instead of prompting you to select them.

Please help me how to make the macro you created and how to use it . please

Before you create a special button try typing in FLATTEN.
    This command does the same job but was not available in older Autocad versions

If you want to use the macro above then you need to create a new toolbar button and then copy and paste that line of code into it.

There a few different ways to create the new button and it can depend on your Autocad version, pre2006 versions had a different way of doing toolbars and menus.
    Take a look here to get started:
    http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2010/EN...mber=d0e381654