Thread: AutoCAD language translator?

AutoCAD language translator?

I've just recieved drawings from east Canada and they're all in
    French!! has anyone heard of a lisp routine or some other kind of
    addon to AutoCAD 2007 that will translate from French to English?

Thanks,

Joe

No

Hi Joe,

short answer: No chance...

1. I would ask the editor for a translation. I think the people in Canade can talk both languages.

2. You have to search for a tool, that export the text, mtext etc. as a *.txt file -> import the text in a translation software -> reimport the text into ACAD. Be carefull, because the language softwares are very bad sometimes...

Try Trans.
    I didn't test it by myself.

Lothar
    WIN XP, ADT 2004

Use Bablefish

Hi,

OK this is not part of CAD, but the bablefish translator engine is fantastic to help you out.

This link will take you there (you can also embed it within Google's home page)

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Within bablefish you can translate from most languages to other languages. Try it and let me know if it helps. It may be good for others!

If there's any liability on you or your employer properly understanding those plans you should use a person (or 2) who is fluent in French (maybe even Canadian French) to translate the documents. Sure an online translator will help you get a basic understanding of the plans, but if you have to use some of the same info (e.g. construction notes) you might be putting yourself or your project in a bad spot.

Just because it's cool...
    I work closely with a woman that can speak 3 languages fluently and a couple others in a pinch. She can tell every time someone uses online translator, because of sentence structuring. Everybody at work is pretty jealous of her, seeing as how we have trouble using English properly. She's corrected me on my spelling more than once... English is her second language.

Thumbs up Thanks!

Thanks for all the replys. I'm going to have my customer do the drawing in English. It just doesn't make sense for me to go through all the trouble when they could do it so easily.

Thanks for all the responses,

What part of Eastern Canada? Best bet is to go back to company that sent you drawings or find a consultant who has offices in Quebec (Montreal; Quebec City) or even Ottawa, Ontario.
    Check out a Francophone University such as Laval ( www.ulaval.ca ) in Quebec.
    SL-CAT
    Bonne Chance!!!

cedwgtrans Guest

Wink You can use the dwgtranslator

Quote Originally Posted by SL-CAT View Post
    What part of Eastern Canada? Best bet is to go back to company that sent you drawings or find a consultant who has offices in Quebec (Montreal; Quebec City) or even Ottawa, Ontario.
    Check out a Francophone University such as Laval ( www.ulaval.ca ) in Quebec.
    SL-CAT
    Bonne Chance!!!

You can use the dwgtranslator software to assist translation texts of CAD drawings.
    Spam advertising removed
    Last edited by NukeCad; 04-04-2016 at 08:08 PM.

Interesting cedwhtrans as that's not what you said over at the CADForum. Spam no doubt.
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

Got to agree with Kyle;

Necromancing a 9 year old thread with your first post.
    Giving a link to Chinese software.
    An email address from a Chinese provider.
    An IP that has been reported multiple times for spamming.

Guess what happens now.
    猜猜现在发生了什么。
    Last edited by NukeCad; 04-04-2016 at 08:13 PM.
    Im intelligent enough to know that I dont know everything; but I'll tell you all about it anyway.