Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Screen menu in 2014 (or 2012)

Angry Screen menu in 2014 (or 2012)

I have been using 2008 since, well 2008, as I am used to it, it does what I need, and I have never had any problems with it. The menu file has been a .cui file, which was converted from a older .mnu file.
    Obviously with everchanging upgrades in both AutoCAD and Windows, I got to the point where I had to move on a little, and so my first move was to put 2012 on a laptop.
    All my menus and lisp routines (all written by an ex-employee years ago) have been working perfectly in 2012 on the laptop. They are work specific, and I need them.
    I have recently had a new desktop built using Windows 7, which enables me to install a more recent AutoCAD and to try to get used to it.
    I had the bright idea of installing 2012 on the new machine, set it up exactly as the laptop, and then install 2014 and migrate the settings.
    This all worked to plan, even getting the screen menu on the right hand side, but although it worked on the first start up after installation, the next time I stared AutoCAD all the text went.
    I haven't even had that in 2014, just the blank right hand menu with nothing in it.
    I was saving work spaces as I went along (in 2012), but even though when I saved them the text and menus were there, when I restarted AutoCAD, they weren't, just the space. And people wonder why I have stayed with 2008!!!!
    Any ideas??

It worked on the first try but not on the second. Therefore it is something you did between the two sessions that screwed things up. What was it?
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

You did create a NEW custom CUIx file and not edit the default acad.cuix is that right?
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    You did create a NEW custom CUIx file and not edit the default acad.cuix is that right?
    When I installed 2012 (or 2014) I loaded (CUILOAD) my cui file which created the pull downs and menus etc. using all the loaded lisp routines.

I don't know, but presumably doing this creates the .cuix file does it, as I can see that is a lot smaller and dated currently.

As I said, I shut down AutoCAD, restarted, and it all came back except the text on the right hand screen menu.

I have copied over the original files from the laptop again, overwriting the existing ones, but the only way I got the text back on the RH menu was to re-install 2012, then it went as soon as I shut it down and restarted.

When I installed 2014 and migrated settings, I didn't even get the menus etc. once, just the blank RH screen menu.

If it hadn't worked once, I would have been thinking that the 2008 .cui/cuix was just not compatible with more recent versions of AutoCAD, but it did work once, well twice when I reinstalled 2012, so there must be something very small that is causing this.

Sounds like your custom CUIx is not loading. Go back to the customize tab then click load partial customization file.

Similar type problem discussed here...https://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=39083.0

Thanks for your help.

What is the difference between a partial cui and a cui - I just have my one cui file that I load.

Where do I find a partial one?

I think you basically edited the default CUIx rather than follow the recommended procedure for customization.

Sorry to appear thick, but I haven't knowingly edited anything.
    I copied the 2008.cui file - that I am still using in 2008, and what I have working in 2012 on my laptop - onto my new desktop, and using CUILOAD, loaded it.
    Have I done anything wrong, or not done enough there?
    I do have another customisation group loaded on my laptop in 2012 called ACFUSION, but that is not loaded in 2008 - could that be it, and if so, where would I find that to load it?

You're using CUILOAD to load it? I thought you said you substituted the custom CUIx for the default CUIx?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast