Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Screen menu in 2014 (or 2012)

I really don't want to waste your time, as you have been very helpful, but this is what my screen looks like, with the right hand screen menu I am talking about. The pulldowns in the menu bar at the top are formed by my cui - in the Marchfield Customisation, the only toolbars I have open are Standard and Layers, as all I need is in my pull downs.
    I will do exactly as you have done above, and see what happens, but I think it is pretty much what I have done before, and in any case, I won't get the menu text on the right screen menu unless I uninstall and reinstall - that is the immediate problemClick image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	649.1 KB 
ID:	1303
    I think the ET: toolbars are Express Tools - I have the same question marks so just close them.
    Regarding your image - the only CUIX file I have loaded is my Marchfield one - if I have ACAD loaded, it duplicates the pull downs on the Menu Bar at the top

I haven't seen a side menu like that since AutoCAD was DOS based. You're so old school you make me look young. LoL

I don't have any further time to delve into this. Sorry I was unable to help you solve your problem.
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

One last question though...where are the ms2008.mnc, .mns and .mnu files?
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

Thanks again for your help and time - the mnc, mns and mnu files are not anywhere relevant, I thought they were not needed now - is that the problem?

The Ribbon was not introduced until AutoCAD 2009 which means you would have edited a .mnu or .mns file not a .cui file. After the edits were made (probably with an ASCII text editor like Notepad) AutoCAD would have had to be restarted at which time the file you edited would be complied thus producing a .mnc file.
    Last edited by Kyle Reese; 29-09-2016 at 03:05 PM.

If you have your original 2008 .mnu file use the MENULOAD command to load it. It will be converted to the .CUI format and loaded as a partial menu.

Thanks for all this, I really appreciate it.
    I'll give all your suggestions a go and see what happens.
    Sorry I'm set in my ways! I know we only use AutoCAD for a fraction of what it can do, but we have set it up over the years to do what we need it to, and we don't need all the twiddly bits - its a pain that both AutoCAD and the operating systems dictate that we are put in this situation.

Now when we had AutoCAD 8 on a 386 dos machine .................

The dinosaurs would or could not adapt to change and look what happened to them. Yes, I know it's a PITA because I had to adapt as well. It's like ripping off a bandaid. It only stings for a moment.

I'll give it some thought!!

I'd never even seen a side menu like that, with text instead of icons.
    There again I think the oldest I used was r13.

I still have 2000i on a Windows 98 PC.
    Still does everything I usually need when draughting.
    Im intelligent enough to know that I dont know everything; but I'll tell you all about it anyway.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast