Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Screen menu in 2014 (or 2012)

I think in hindsight what happened was:
    1. I installed 2012, and this gave me numerous Customisation groups and menus.
    2. Then using CUIload I loaded my 2008.cui.
    3. Then, because a lot f the information was duplicated, I closed all the menus I didn't want and removed the other Customisation groups, leaving just mine.

I am not sure where the .cuix files come from - are they created when you load a .cui file, as they always seem to have the current date???
    I don't have any default .cuis or .cuix loaded (or at least not knowingly) - just my custom one.

Do you continue to use the CUILOAD command each time you open AutoCAD? If so, how do you differentiate between the default acad.cuix file that comes with AutoCAD 2012 and your custom one?
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

No - I don't load anything - I assume it loads automatically????
    My custom cui is MG2008.cui, which I assume creates MG2008.cuix - I have not knowingly loaded the acad.cuix

Can I get a copy of your custom .cui? I'd like to try loading it in AutoCAD 2015.
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    Can I get a copy of your custom .cui? I'd like to try loading it in AutoCAD 2015.
    No problem Kyle - I have had to zip it, as it wouldn't accept a .cui attachment.

One thing I would say though, and hence why I am trying to get this into 2014, is that have then not made it impossible to get the right hand screen menu in 2015??

Thanks again for your help.

By the way, I uninstalled 2012 again this morning, then reinstalled it, keeping all the different Customisation Groups.

Doing it step by step, I had the right hand menu and all the relevant menu text, saved the work space, ended AutoCAD, started it again and it had gone.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Wish I could say I know what you are referring to re: right-hand screen menu but I don't. Could it be you are talking about the Dashboard?

I see now. It's just a couple of toolbars on the right and other toolbars scattered across the top and left.

Yeah, I got it to work. After I opened AutoCAD for the first time I used the CUILOAD command, as per one of your previous posts, to bring up your customizations then I created a new workspace called "Custom Workspace Test" and saved it. I closed then reopened AutoCAD and everything was right where I left it. I have four toolbars that have question marks < ? > for icons but that is probably because I don't have the proper bit map images for the buttons associated with them. I opened and closed AutoCAD three times in a row and each time I opened it your customizations were still visible. Maybe the problem is that you did not create and save a new workspace? Bottom line...it works in 2015 so it should work in 2014.

Basically it looks like you have reverted to what is called Classic AutoCAD. I know a lot of users who felt this is what they wanted to stick with because they were used to it and hated the Ribbon but this throwback won't be around forever. At some point AutoDesk will do away with toolbars altogether for whatever the next new feature will be and the Classic AutoCAD set up will go the way of the dodo and the wall phone.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ClassicAutoCAD2008.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	116.7 KB 
ID:	1301

Why are the names of the four toolbars with the question marks for the buttons shown (toolbars list) with the letters ET: before their names?

All the .CUIX files that are automatically loaded appear in this dialog box. I'm assuming that is yours at the bottom of the list.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CUILOAD Dialog Box.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	1302

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast