Thread: AutoCAD architecture

AutoCAD architecture

Good day. Can someone please explain how to assign materials in AutoCAD architecture.. I have read quite a number of posts about it ,but I still don't get it. Please, if you know how to assign materials to AEC objects, kindly teach me. Thanks

Similar type problem discussed here...

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autoca...ts/m-p/5683888
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    Similar type problem discussed here...

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autoca...ts/m-p/5683888
    I have checked it out, but the Solution proffered doesn't really explain what I was having problem with. If you click on render tab and then click on material browser in AutoCAD architecture, you will see a lot of materials there, I tried assigning these materials to my model, but it wasn't showing the realistic nature of the material. So my main problem is how to start assigning these numerous materials to objects .

You won't actually see the realistic nature of the material until you produce a render which assumes you have set up the lighting correctly. Materials can be assigned to objects or to layers. As I understand it assigning materials to layers rather than objects is the preferred method but I don't do enough of this type of work to be considered an expert.

Have you tried posting your question at the AutoCAD Discussion Forums?
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    You won't actually see the realistic nature of the material until you produce a render which assumes you have set up the lighting correctly. Materials can be assigned to objects or to layers. As I understand it assigning materials to layers rather than objects is the preferred method but I don't do enough of this type of work to be considered an expert.

Have you tried posting your question at the AutoCAD Discussion Forums?

Which AutoCAD discussion forum group do you mean? Is it the Autocad forum group In autodesk forum that you mean?

There are discussion groups for many of the major AutoDesk programs. So look for the AutoCAD Architecture discussion forum and post your question there. Posting it in the general AutoCAD forum would be a waste of time. You are seeking answers to a particular problem in a particular program.