Thread: Title block font changes when inserted into layout - Why??

Title block font changes when inserted into layout - Why??

Hi everyone,

I've recently created a title block from scratch (created in model space). When I use the 'test block' option, everything works, however when I insert the block into layout space the font within the block (both with and without attributes) is not the font I used to create the block. I've checked the base drawing parameters, and the block, but cannot figure out why it is doing this. Super annoying as the different font means that text lines are now over lapping; not to mention that it looks terrible. Any help would be greatly appreciated

What font was used to create the titleblock?

What font is being displayed?
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

The font used is just plain old Arial, and the font displayed is called 'standard' within the standard style set up. Whereas in both the title block, and whatever file I'm inserting, the standard text style uses Arial.

Can you attach a copy of the drawing so we can have a look at it? Not an image; we need a .dwg file.
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

I think that you have stated the problem there yourself.

You will find that you have 2 text styles, both called 'standard', and each one will have a different font set.

And just to confuse it a bit more, Autocad has a 'standard' font ( not 'style') which can be set to use any other font.

You need to think about 'fonts' and 'styles' differently.
    And remember that the Autocad 'standard' font is not actually a font but a setting.
    (And it may not be the same as the 'standard' style).
    They should have though more about what terms they used 40 years ago.
    Im intelligent enough to know that I dont know everything; but I'll tell you all about it anyway.

Thanks NukeCad, I thought that might be the case initially, however the standard style is set up with Arial font both within my usual drawings and the file in which I originally created the block, which is what got me confused in the first place! But thanks for flagging the difference

Thanks Kyle, I appreciate the help. File attached...no doubt it'll be something mega obvious!
    Thanks again
    Attached Files Attached Files