Thread: Cad is inverting my title block colors white is now black and black is now white

Cad is inverting my title block colors white is now black and black is now white

I recently had to reload cad due to a hard drive failure. Since that point all my title blocks which are blocks of lines and a raster image are color inverted. The black areas are white and the white or clear areas of the raster image are now black. Only the image is inverted colors not the line work it is still correct I can't figure out what setting got changed and don't know how to get it back to the way it was. This occurs with every sheet from many different saveed files so I think it is something in the cad settings. Please Advise, thanks.

PRIOR to the crash and reload had you gone into options and changed the color of your background and perhaps now had forgotten that fact?

Is your title block in model space or in a layout?
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    PRIOR to the crash and reload had you gone into options and changed the color of your background and perhaps now had forgotten that fact?

Is your title block in model space or in a layout?
    The title block is always in a paper space layout tab. The reversing of the colors is only in the raster image part of the title block and it plots as a reverse and makes PDF's that are also reversed.

I don't know of any setting that would do what you describe and I have no idea how AutoCAD took it upon itself to reverse the colors without your knowledge.

The current workarounds are to:

Use an image format of ‘tagged image file format’ (.tif) or ‘portable network graphics’ (.png).
    Use the Raster Design software to inverse the image (command IINVERT).
    Use an image editor to invert the bitmap image.
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.