Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Viewport content disappears?

Could it be that on your laptop the path to the xreffed drawing is not the same as it is on your desktop?
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

Interesting. So I guess I don't have to worry about the submission i.e. the client would not face this issue.
    This also points to the fact that it is a graphical error of some sort.

I'll keep trying to adjust the settings.
    Thanks a lot for your help.

To answer your Q, I was taught by a fellow draughtsman to draft in this method of using layers on one dwg.
    We simply play with viewports, and then freeze what we need/don't need.

I wasn't talking about layers. Look at either of the drawings in paper space and note that there is more than one sheet shown. That isn't a good idea. Each of the sheets really should be on a separate layout that way when it comes time to plot all the sheets you use the PUBLISH command and go have a cup of coffee as AutoCAD and your printer does all the work. Worker smarter not harder.
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

Ah yes, I agree with you. This setup was prepared by my drafter and I too find it a waste of time.
    Btw, I reorganized the file into 1 sheet per PS layout, and the same problem persists.
    Thank You either way.

One more thing. I went through each drawing and cleaned it up using the following commands.

Overkill
    -Purge > Regapps
    -Purge > All
    Audit

Overkill found that the 1DT FL XREF.dwg had 7 duplicate and 14 overlapping objects in the layout and 201 duplicate and 574 overlapping objects in model space.
    -Purge > Regs eliminated 6 unregistered applications.
    -Purge > All deleted 13 zero length geometric objects, 25 blocks, 16 layers, 7 linetypes, 4 text styles, 12 dimension styles and 1 multileader style.
    Audit found 282900 objects but no database errors.

Overkill found that the BATHROOM 5.dwg 10 duplicate and 30 overlapping objects in the layout and 1 duplicate and 11 overlapping objects in model space.
    -Purge > Regapps cleaned out 16 unregistered applications.
    -Purge > All deleted 280 blocks, 98 layers, 30 linetypes, 10 text styles, 17 dimension styles, and 1 plot style.
    Audit found 277100 objects and 0 errors.

Cleaning up drawings is a good way to keep file sizes down by getting rid of entities that are no longer referenced or were improperly drawn. Running an Audit will find and fix, if found, any errors in the drawing database.

I'll run these commands on the drawings right away!
    Usually run *audit* but not the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    One more thing. I went through each drawing and cleaned it up using the following commands.

Overkill
    -Purge > Regapps
    -Purge > All
    Audit

Overkill found that the 1DT FL XREF.dwg had 7 duplicate and 14 overlapping objects in the layout and 201 duplicate and 574 overlapping objects in model space.
    -Purge > Regs eliminated 6 unregistered applications.
    -Purge > All deleted 13 zero length geometric objects, 25 blocks, 16 layers, 7 linetypes, 4 text styles, 12 dimension styles and 1 multileader style.
    Audit found 282900 objects but no database errors.

Overkill found that the BATHROOM 5.dwg 10 duplicate and 30 overlapping objects in the layout and 1 duplicate and 11 overlapping objects in model space.
    -Purge > Regapps cleaned out 16 unregistered applications.
    -Purge > All deleted 280 blocks, 98 layers, 30 linetypes, 10 text styles, 17 dimension styles, and 1 plot style.
    Audit found 277100 objects and 0 errors.

Cleaning up drawings is a good way to keep file sizes down by getting rid of entities that are no longer referenced or were improperly drawn. Running an Audit will find and fix, if found, any errors in the drawing database.

Thread closed due to spamming.
    Im intelligent enough to know that I dont know everything; but I'll tell you all about it anyway.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123