Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Selection Box Points

Selection Box Points

I am new to CAD 2016, before this was CAD 2008. The question I have is when I am selecting an item or items with a window the box that I draw out leaves a small white "X" at the start point and end point. These disappear if i pan or zoom but if I am working on a screen for awhile without zooming or panning these points get very busy on the screen. Is there a setting that turns these off? Please advise!

Thanks

And what happens if you don't use a window and just pick an entity? Do you still see the white "X" marks as well?
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

Darn time limit.

I forgot to ask. If you press the F7 key twice in a row do the white crosses disappear?
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

If I click on a line to select it the "X" does still appear. I tried the F7 key and they are still there. I have tried the help menu but don't know what these are called to find out how to turn them off.

I said to toggle the F7 key twice, not once.

I think they may be blips. Anyone who came up using AutoCAD early on would be familiar with them. Ring a bell?

I did the F7 key twice as suggested! I did think of blips but I could not find a option to turn them off. I tried blips command and even searched the help files for blips but nothing comes up. I did not know if they changed the name or what these may be called.

No, they did not change the name they basically retired the command. The only way to access it is to type it like such:

.BLIPMODE

Note the presence of the < . > dot in front of the name.

If they aren't blips then my guess is they may have something to do with constraints but since you have not posted an image I'm not sure.

Thanks!!!! the (.BLIPMODE) did the trick. This has been bugging me for weeks and is finally gone

Toggling the F7 key should have cleaned the screen which is the way it was done way back when. How you managed to invoke blipmode in 2016 without actually knowing is unclear to me unless for some strange reason it was a setting you retained in a lisp routine.

Blipmode was on since the software was installed on my computer 6 weeks ago. I don't know why it was on but it installed that way. Is a mystery to me because I did not do any migration or have any lisp routines on this machine. So who knows but thanks for helping to get it resolved.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast