Thread: Line weights in paper space

Hybrid View

Line weights in paper space

For the pros in the know,
    I'm dusting off the program for a simple shop and am having trouble displaying line weights in layout tabs (paper space). Drawings were done in model space and seem to display the line weights when going to format line weights and checking display line weights box. Can change and display different line weights using the format line weights or in the property manager. Went into paper space and tried the same thing including a regen all and the line weights don't seem to change in the layout tabs. Any tips or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for your time and efforts.

Bob

Do you have Display Lineweights enabled?
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

I should have referenced Show/Hide Lineweight as found in the Task Bar at the bottom of your screen.
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

Hi Kyle,

In response to your questions, I have checked the box "Display Line Weights" from the Format > Lineweights... > Line Weights Dialog box, followed by a Regen All, while in paper space, with no apparent change on the screen.

In addition, I have turned on the LWT button on the bottom of the task bar followed by a Regen All, with no apparent change on the screen, again while in paper space.

Not sure where to go from here.

Thanks for your quick reply and suggestions.

Bob

Without an actual copy of the drawing I can't be sure myself of what you are or aren't see and where.

Regen does nothing for lineweights.

Kyle,

Thanks for your time and effort. I will have to do some more research and see if I can get the answer(s) to make this work.

Bob

Well if you want to email me a copy of the drawing I could take a look at it. Post your email address as per the example below and I'll get in touch with you.

m y e m a i l a d d y AT g m a i l DOT c o m

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for your assistance. You can contact me at

r w l o m a x AT m s n DOT c o m

I can share the drawings and thought with you.

Thanks.

Bob

I sent you an email but you'll have to reply quickly as I am going to be away from my CAD computer for possibly quite some time. I maybe have 20 minutes I can spare. Time now on the east coast of the U.S. is 2:02 p.m.

An update.

As it turned out the lineweights did indeed show up in each layout but due to the scale of the viewports and the fact the OP was specifying lineweights in millimeters while creating his drawings in imperial units the lineweights were not immediately noticeable unless one zoomed in for a closer look. BTW...the lineweights in the one test plot I did, of the included site plan, came out looking just as expected and the different lineweights (well most of them anyway) showed up with no problem. Personally, I feel there isn't much of a difference to be seen between a line that is .2mm and one that is .18mm even when printed.