PDA

View Full Version : problem with "explode" command

SacredFire
17-07-2012, 11:45 AM
I'm using Autocad 2012 and the explode command doesnt seem to work on anything - polylines, hatches, texts, etc. Can someone help me on fixing this problem? Thanks in advance :)

NukeCad
17-07-2012, 01:28 PM
Sounds odd;

Is this just with one drawing or with all drawings?
Are you sure that these elements are not within a block or x-ref?
Try exploding more than once to see if they are nested.

Other than that if you attach a drawing to your next post someone will take a look at it to make see if the problem is with the drawing or with your Autocad.

NukeCad
17-07-2012, 01:35 PM
I note that this is your first post so just in case this is how to attach a drawing etc. to a post-

To attach a drawing, image, pdf, etc, to your post:

1- Click on the 'Go Advanced' button below the 'Quick Reply' editor.
2- In the new editor screen that opens scroll down till you see the "Manage Attachments" button and click on it.
3- A new window opens with the attachment manager; click on the '+ Add Files' button to upload files from your computer.
4- The uploaded file will appear in the "Home" panel. Drag it to the "Attachments" panel to attach it to your current post.

SacredFire
17-07-2012, 02:56 PM
They are not x-refs and not a part of blocks.
I think I figured out what the problem might be though - I cant seem to explode when there are 3d objects and 2d objects in the same drawing. I'm not sure if this is it though. If anyone can help I would be grateful :)

Kyle Reese
17-07-2012, 10:25 PM
Depends on the objects themselves. Text cannot be exploded without using the Text Explode command. Lines cannot be exploded but polylines can. Solids can be exploded back to surfaces. You never want to explode a hatch pattern because all you'll end up with is hundreds of little line segments.

Yes, you can explode both 2D and 3D objects even if they are in the same drawing.